What’s happening this year?
By choosing an object associated with someone we love, we can reconnect to a sense of who they were. exObject contributions are being stitched together as the year rolls on.
Shinie Antony’s father read the newspaper in this teak chair
while pontificating on the upcoming day (Easy Chair)
Read the exObjects contributed so far in 2022:
Create your own exObject
Riff on a similar object to a watch, or being watched, or walking in your sleep. Or choose a new object, any object, that reminds you of someone or something important.
1. Write a memory mixed with imaginative writing (50 – 300 words)
2. Or record a voice file up to 3 minutes long
– an image, which doesn’t have to be the object, just one associated with your piece
– a caption for your image (1 – 30 words)
– Alt text describing what your object looks like (max 50 words)
Email your writing or recording, your image, caption and Alt text to us at: exObjects2022 @ gmail.com
By sharing our perspectives we aim to help others reconnect to the people we continue to love.
Please note: By taking part in the exObjects collaboration you’re agreeing that your contribution can be shown on this website and in related media and activities. This is a non-exclusive license agreement, where you retain copyright in your work and are free to show it elsewhere.
Find out more about exObjects
Join us on Twitter @exObjects
Return to the main artsilk Home page